DAB radio in a VW Golf mk 6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. The DAB radio I have often loses it's station and finds another one - unfortunately a different station altogether, not another source for the same station. The garage says that all connections are OK and that the radio's OK. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I hate to say it, but we have a golf MK6 and it's the worst car stereo I've ever had. The DAB is pants, it crashes/restarts all the time and the SD card reader stops being any use with more than about 2GB of mp3s.. yes - it has a colour touch-screen, but at the cost of being useful!! The garage says "computer doesn't record any errors, so there's nothing we can do"

sorry - not an answer - but our old Golf MK5 with physical buttons and it's dot-matrix display was light-years ahead(behind) in terms of usability.

My answer was to buy an in-car iPhone charger and use my spotify account... and swear to not get another golf (the stereo issue was one of many going from MK5 to MK6)

whitling2k

Signal strength is critical in these modern dab systems so it could just be that, aerial quality plays a big part too.

Sponsored Links
Back