Dado Rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i`ve been round to a few merchants locally and ive been unable to find a match to the dado rail i have in my lounge.

Im ripping a fire-place out and so will be wanting to "fill in the gap".

Any body have any good ideas for either matching up my rail online, or know any good stores that are likely to stock a "lot" of types of dado rail.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I pressume your talking about a wooden one?

If you take a piece to a decent joinery place they will be able to match it and run you some off...but be aware..most charge 80-100 quid for setting the machine/template up.

if your in Kent PM me and I will give you the number of the ones I use only a tenner to set up and you pay another ten to twenty for the cut depending on how much you want and then the wood price on top. If your not down my way shop about cos as Zamps says they do and can charge the earth for something like that :eek: :(

Have you tried PMing anyone on here?..its easier to send a carrier pidgeon!

Sponsored Links
I work on a lot of older houses and have occasionally had to fit new sections of dado rail. As stated, joiners will charge the earth to set up and its just not worth it for a couple of metres.

Older dado (and a lot of ornate coving) is mostly made up from different profiles of laths and bead all glued together then painted. I have had really good results from taking a profile and then breaking it down into the individual beads needed to get the correct shape.

Can be fun - one very old house in Montrose needed a 3m section, eventually comprised of 9 different components!

Dado's are too 80s. Better taking the whole lot off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back