Daisy chain Texacom PIR sensors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add a PIR sensor to the same zone where there is an existing one. Can this be done by just connecting a cable to the contacts of existing one and mirroring it into new PIR?

Sponsored Links
How can I check? The installer did tell me that it wouldn't be a problem to add another sensor from the existing.

Does this photo show eol or double .pole?
LRG_DSC02845.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Do you have a spare zone on the control panel? If so, the best course of action would be to check if there’s a spare pair of wires in the sensor in your photo. If so, run a 6 core alarm cable from this sensor, wire the new one red to 12v, Black to ov, green to left tamper terminal and green to right alarm terminal. In the existing sensor, connect the red and blacks to the existing 12v/0v connections and join the green to the green on the new cable, white to white on new cable. At the panel, locate the green and white and connect them to the spare zone and program as required. You won’t be able to “piggy back” the new sensor onto the existing one if you don’t have a spare zone.

Do you have a spare zone on the control panel? If so, the best course of action would be to check if there’s a spare pair of wires in the sensor in your photo. If so, run a 6 core alarm cable from this sensor, wire the new one red to 12v, Black to ov, green to left tamper terminal and green to right alarm terminal. In the existing sensor, connect the red and blacks to the existing 12v/0v connections and join the green to the green on the new cable, white to white on new cable. At the panel, locate the green and white and connect them to the spare zone and program as required. You won’t be able to “piggy back” the new sensor onto the existing one if you don’t have a spare zone.
Thanks. Unfortunately no spare zones. Surprised that the installer told me wouldn't be a problem to add.

clip out the pir internalls , looks like it's got part of a dead spider in it already ....! See what spare cores are lurking behind !

It’s a bit long winded, but if not, if you have any spare cores to the keypad, there should be two zones in there that you may be able to utilise. You could use the spares to bring the zone back into the panel. Failing that, I believe you can get a plug on 8 zone expander for the panel.

Screenshot_20180131-080339.png
You can connect 2 pir's on one zone. Not good practice to do this due to fault finding is harder when 2 devices on one zone.
Use spare cores if possible.

You need to wire as diagram for 2 detectors.
You are NOT daisy chain wiring it's more complicated than that.
If you have spare cores and spare zone a lot easier than wiring 2 detectors with EOL.

Ok many thanks. One more question.

Is it possible to extend an existing alarm cable with a terminal block?

I mean EOL PIR and Bellbox

I just noticed in my Wintex that under ZONE WIRING the PIR zone is set to 2K2/4K7/(6K8) and not as EOL. Does this have any significance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back