Damaged a meter neutral feed cable to CU

the point i am trying to make here is that when an NICEIC registered company cocks up they dont want to know..

wouldnt want to tarnish their reputation ;)

Sponsored Links
whooo calm down.. was in the nic for over 20 years so before you start to slag me off for not knowing about the niceic you better get your facts right and take a look at your self..

Ha ha really? I need to take a look at my self?

one thing will be for certain an niceic company will have put thoses tails in..

Why is it certain?

oh and here for your information mr know it all is the facts about the niceic..

Company Registration
Ascertiva Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Electrical Safety Council.

Company name: Ascertiva Group

Registered address:

Warwick House
Houghton Hall Park
Houghton Regis
Dunstable
Bedfordshire
LU5 5ZX

Company No: 02513162

Oh, so the NICEIC is not a registered charity just like I said then :rolleyes:

Oh, so the NICEIC is not a registered charity just like I said then :rolleyes:

quoting from http://www.esc.org.uk/public/about-us/our-history/

Significant events in our history
1956 NICEIC set up
1959 First NICEIC newsletter published
1970s Around 18,000 separate electrical installations inspected each year
1971 NICEIC is registered as a charity

1983 First computer introduced into NICEIC Head Office
1986 NICEIC Head Office moves to Vintage House, London
1988 NICEIC forms NQA, National Quality Assurance
1992 16th Edition of IEE Wiring Regulations adopted as British Standard
1998 NICEIC Roll published on CD-ROM and website
2000 NICEIC becomes a UKAS accredited certification body
2002 Technical Manual launched
2005 The charity was renamed the Electrical Safety Council and started to carry out the charitable objectives of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting. NICEIC Group Ltd formed to carry out the commercial aspects of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting.
2006 Electrical Safety Council sets up its offices in Buckingham Gate, London

Becomes a charity, renames itself and then starts a commercial activity using a variation of the name that was registered as a charity but the commercial aspects are probably not a charity. So the present NICEIC appears to not be the charity that the previous NICEIC was

Telephone the NIC, insist that they come and inspect as you have no faith in the electrical knowledge and experience of someone from Taylor Wimpey as they are not qualified electricians, hence why the sub contract all electrical work. Get them there and get some use out of my enrolment fee!!

Sponsored Links

1956 NICEIC set up

2005 The charity was renamed the Electrical Safety Council and started to carry out the charitable objectives of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting. NICEIC Group Ltd formed to carry out the commercial aspects of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting.

Becomes a charity, renames itself and then starts a commercial activity using a variation of the name that was registered as a charity but the commercial aspects are probably not a charity. So the present NICEIC appears to not be the charity that the previous NICEIC was

Oh, so yet again the NICEIC is not a registered charity just like I said then :rolleyes:

1956 NICEIC set up

Oh, so yet again the NICEIC is not a registered charity just like I said then :rolleyes:

oh get a grip mate its a subsidiary of the electrical safety coucil which is a charity.. wake up and smell the coffee..

just because you may be in the NIC doesnt make you a good spark,, sounds like you lick their bum though..

oh get a grip mate its a subsidiary of the electrical safety coucil which is a charity.. wake up and smell the coffee.

It is not unusual for a charity to have a subsiduary which is a commercial operation whose profits are donated to the charity to finance the aims of the charity. And it would seem sensible for the charity to make it easier in the commercial world for the commercial operation to make money for the charity.

As I said - NICEIC not being a registered charity is more legal and accounting smoke and mirrors than anything else.

just because you may be in the NIC doesnt make you a good spark,, sounds like you lick their bum though..

I'm not am member, never have been, and have no vested intrest in the organisation at all.

Why the personal insults anyway?

anyway enough of these childish insults

what has happened to his tails???

guess they have been boarded over again ;)

No not boarded over at all. I am still waiting for the problem to be rectified. The NICEIC found the work done by Clarkson Evans to be non compliant as everyone here rightly indicated.

The company technical director Steve Clarkson disagrees with their findings but has been ordered to carry out rectification work in due course. He has been a thoroughly unpleasant little man and has been extremely discourteous to me throughout. He can't even apologise for the inconvenience caused. Read page 4 of this link for more information about him!
http://www.clarksonevans.co.uk/images/connect7.pdf

Quod erat demonstrandum

I will post a new thread with more details in due course as it makes fascinating reading!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back