Damp above bedroom window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone advise on cause of damp above bedroom window

There is a gap, external wall, between the wall and the eaves which is not present above any other windows

Thanks

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Sponsored Links
foxhole, as best I can. I reached from inside the window, and I can't feel a blockage. But you have given me an idea, I can take a picture of the gutter. Thanks

You have blocked the airflow with the pink fluff and you have un insulated exposed plaster board.
Add that to 1 f felt and you will get damp due to condensation .
Insulate fully , don't block any air flow
And ventilate the roof space .

Sponsored Links
datarebal thanks for you reply. It was like that when I found it. The pink insulation, stuffed in like that, is like that around the whole ceiling including the other two windows which don't have the damp problem. It could be the cause I don't know.

The missing insulation on the plasterboard ceiling, I will put some more insulation on.

Thanks

OP,
As Poster #2 - damp is coming down from the gutter/eaves/sofitt/fascia area.
You could make a DIY selfie photo stick to reach out from the window for pics?

As Data said...blocked off eaves 1f felt..condensation. nothing to do with gutter or soffit.

Thanks for all your replies, I'll remove or bypass insulation blocking eaves vents. I'll probably slip some Roll Out Rafter Trays above the pink insulation. See how it goes

Many thanks

Rafter roll is ideal then you won't block air flow. You will also need to extend the existing fluff so all plasterboard is covered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back