damp barrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you now apologising only if people construe it as being intentional? :confused:

Thats because i didn't even contenplate the fact that i was advertising, there are lots of posts on this forum mentioning lots of different shops and manufacturers, if you can tell me a way of letting the guy know where to get it from without some form of advertising i would like to know?

Sponsored Links
Thats because i didn't even contenplate the fact that i was advertising
I see. Perhaps you also didn't contemplate reading the rules that you agreed, when you joined, to follow.

there are lots of posts on this forum mentioning lots of different shops and manufacturers
I see. You must be following the "nineteen wrongs make one right" principle.

if you can tell me a way of letting the guy know where to get it from without some form of advertising i would like to know?
Advertising is the publication of a brand in a way that benefits the publisher. Plenty of people refer to brands, and shops, and products, because they are recommending them - this doesn't constitute advertising.

It. Is. Very. Simple.

so you are saying that i can recommend any shop/brand as long as its not the one i sell, am i right???

Ye Gods! :rolleyes:

Why is this so difficult?

There's only one rule: follow the site rules. You have to read them in order to know what they are.

One of the rules is that you can't advertise unless you pay for it. I have no idea why you don't already know, or understand, what advertising is.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea why you don't already know, or understand, what advertising is.
I have not been advertising
In that case I don't know why you don't ask the Moderator who deemed that your post contained an advertisement. :rolleyes:

just trying to help, its a pity you can't quite grasp that :confused:
I can grasp that you doth protest too much.

I recommend that you stop trying to use the quote feature - it isn't working out very well for you.

It always seems odd to me that you can recommend B&Q and Wickes but not the place you work. What if you work at B&Q or Wickes? Is that then deemed advertising?

Regardless of the rights and wrongs in this particular instance i really would like to take the opportunity to thank `Paintshopmanager`for his kind efforts to guide me to where i could purchase the product.

Well I'm not, Softus, so you answer my question please.

"It always seems odd to me that you can recommend B&Q and Wickes but not the place you work. What if you work at B&Q or Wickes? Is that then deemed advertising?"

Answer the question dear boy - or we will all be able to see that you cannot. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back