Damp course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi was wondering if anyone can help me, i am looking to inject the inside walls of one room with DPC. Not sure which is best to use, please bear in mind I have never done this b4.
So am looking for the easiest and at a reasonable price too. :?:

Sponsored Links
Not sure why you are posting on this site - search Building site for extensive postings on this issue.
In my humble, but experienced, opinion all retro-DPC products and practices including injection are useless.
I'd suggest: snap/level a line 1m high across the affected area.
Cut into that line with a utility knife, say 3mm into the plaster, this will give you a clean regular cut to work to.
Hack - off to the line - remove skirting.
render with 3no sand, 1no lime, 1no cement( some dont use cement).
Skim with a remedial finish eg. Limelite ( you can float the wall with Limelite but its expensive).
Of course, it's important to locate the cause of the dampness - again search the history of this issue.

Sponsored Links
are the walls cavity?if so then open them up and clean out all the crud that has built up over the years,let it dry out then see if you need to inject a chemical dpc,
or you could just remove old plaster as suggested,blackjack the walls,blind with sand whilst still wet.then render and set.

are the walls cavity?if so then open them up and clean out all the crud that has built up over the years,let it dry out then see if you need to inject a chemical dpc,
or you could just remove old plaster as suggested,blackjack the walls,blind with sand whilst still wet.then render and set.

The walls are not cavity but brickwork rendered and plastered.
Got a damp proof company to hav a look, one of the party walls might need tanking they reckon. I live on a slight slope so they claim the house next door has a higher damp course then mine causing the damp to othe party wall? do I need to inject before i tank the wall then?

are the walls cavity?walls,blind with sand whilst still wet.then render and set.

Got a damp proof company to hav a look, one of the party walls might need tanking they reckon. do I need to inject before i tank the wall then?
They might be a bunch of tankers :idea: Caveat Emptor and get 3 opinions/ quotes ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back