Damp in corners of conservatory - paint recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

As the title states, we've got slight damp spots in the corners of the conservatory walls. I know the best cure would be better ventilation but its just not possible especially this time of year (and with the rain we're having) down here in sunny Cornwall. The conserve has a dwarf wall all around but is predominately glass with a glass roof.

I'm convinced one damp spot is from the door opening, and then water coming in and being absorbed by the plaster wall. The others I will deal with externally using some water repellent paint. But I would like to (for peace of mind) give the internals a splash just to make sure. Can anyone recommend some paint to which I can then paint over to match the rest of the magnolia wall.

Sponsored Links
Its not only ventilation but insulation as well, especially at this time of year. If the walls are cold then the warm air in the conservatory will condense on the wall causing mould and damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back