Damp in garage.....advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, any advice would be very much appreciated.

I have moved in to a new house that has a stand alone concrete built garage. I am trying to convert this into a gym, however after a night of rain I notice that there are a few wet patches inside, it seems that when the soil gets wet, water leaks into cracks and small gaps between the concrete slabs at the base.

I used that expanding Spray foam stuff to fill up the gaps, but after another night of rain it hasnt really made much of a difference.

I dont want to put down the spongey gym floor tiles that i have bought, knowing that they will get wet and soak up the dampness.

Can anyone suggest a way forward? Someone suggested a floating wood floor......not sure how it would work........

Sponsored Links
A concrete garage is this prefab or block work?
If block work is it double or single skin?
External of the garage what is the ground like, is it soil, paving, concrete etc...?
Do you also get rainwater entering through the door?
You may be able to dig a trench around the perimeter of the garage and run a drain away, depending on the sub-base, that the garage is built on?

It's not block work so must prefab.

It sits on a concrete slab, around the slab is soil / grass

No rain watier through the door

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back