Damp/mould in utility cupboard - leak or condensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. We moved into a new build flat 3 years ago and have been having issues with damp and mould in the utility cupboard from about 3 months after we moved in until now. When we originally brought it up with the builder they told us that there was a leak coming from outside where a drain hadn't been sealed properly and it was effecting all the flats on our row, but this was never followed up (despite us asking repeatedly) - later they came and found a leak from our toilet and fixed that saying that was the issue (the bathroom is next to the utility cupboard), and have been back to paint over the affected areas of mould and damp in our utility cupboard twice now. The damp and mould is back now and worse than ever (see pictures) and I'm not sure if this is as issue due to the washer/dryer in the cupboard (there is an extractor vent in the room). The mould and damp isn't effecting the other side of the wall, which is our bedroom, so that makes me think it's an issue of moisture in the actual cupboard from the washer and dryer - but there are also major damp and mould issues in the communal stairwell below our flat so it could be coming from there - but only the cupboard is affected. I'm going to get a mould company out to fix it but could anyone advise where they think the issue might be stemming from? Thanks in advance!
image2.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You have open discharge pipe for WM so any historical overflowing there would wet the walls, also hot water discharging into that pipe will release moisture into the cupboard and condense on the walls.I would change this for a spigot connection to eliminate it as a cause.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back