Damp or condensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently purchased a basement flat with a storage room that is directly below the outside steps leading up the 2 flats above me. The walls are solid but extremely cold due to no insulation. How can I stop the constant appearance of water which I think is either condensation or seepage through the wall? Any advise please? :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
is the room under the steps ie like a cupboard and not heated and seperate from the house?

The room is inside the flat but not heated. It is basically underneath the outside steps leading to the flats above. As it isn't heated I am thinking condensation.

Hmm, sorry to hijack your post but i have a similar query.

I have a old sandstone tenement property and have noticed a build up of brown mould at the top of the bathroom wall/ceiling juncture. This is above where the shower is located and i assumed it was mould formed by condensation. an extractor is used.

in the adjoining room there are damp patches that are now showing through. i fear that the property above (bathroom in same place) may be leaking into mine.

basically i would not have excpected this to just appear after 5 mths in the flat and i know that the owners above have just fitted a new shower...

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds like there could be a leak above where the tray is not sealed properly. Have a chat with your neighbours. If it was condensation from the shower you wouldnt be getting it in the other room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back