Damp patch on bricks and internal plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a room plastered but there is one stubborn patch which isn't drying out. It has been over a month.

Looking outside the bricks on this patch are wet. I can't exactly work out why this particular area is wet. I can't see any water hitting this area and the pipes don't seem to be leaking.

The patch is about 1-1.5m up the wall. The roof guttering pipe is connected to the drain next to this patch.

I have attached pictures so you can see.

Additionally lower down there is a bit of separate internal dampness around where the drain is on the outside (ie. where the skirting would fit). The 2 damp patches don't seem to be 'connected' to each other.

Also in the corner of the room my floorboards are slightly rotting in the corner (though there is no issue with damp wall/plasterwork here).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back