Damp Plaster around window frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone advise how to combat dampness that is appearing through the wallpaper around the window fame/window sill area. in the bedroom area of our home. The room was redecorated last year and repatching of the plaster was done, but should I have used some kind of membrane prior to plastering.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome peebee51 :D :D :D

do you have condensation on the window!!!

if so how do you clear it!!! cloth or ventilation!!!

Hi big all, yes do have condenstion on window (upvc d/Glazed) but even when not evident plaster is cold around this area.

is it a new window installation?, if so they might not have bedded the window on mastic properly!

Sponsored Links
Hi Paulboy,
thanks for your reply, sorry for the slow replys to you and big-all,s mail. I am not always on line, so an apology in advance to anyone posting a solution to my problem if I don't reply for a while, no slight intended just juggling time around the family.

In reply paulboy, the instalation has been in for a few years and had plastic beading between the windows and the wall in question, and when I decorated last year I removed the plastic bead and platered up to the window.

pb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back