Damp Plaster Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picture speaks 1000 words ...

Wet plaster up to abour 18". Injected DPC is above the floor because it is an asphalt floor which was presumably installed before the injection. The asphalt stops about 1/2" short of the wall. The plaster previously went right down to the lowest brick and the skirting was attached with polyurethane foam.

I have several patches like this but the rest of the wall is fine.

I'm thinking I have to hack off more plaster up to the tide mark + 1ft then replaster as described elsewhere. But it seems like I cannot replaster low enough to re-attach the skirting without going below the injected brick.

Can't find anywhere on the net what the right thing to do is in this case. Any experts can advise?

Sponsored Links
You can plaster over it with a renovating plaster, but keep it 10-15mm off the floor

Hi Jason,
Is it a outside wall ?. If so- the first thing you must do is to inspect the cavity (as in my other post).
If inside wall-there are various options.

Sponsored Links
Hi Jason,
Is it a outside wall ?. If so- the first thing you must do is to inspect the cavity (as in my other post).
If inside wall-there are various options.

It's a single skin inside wall. I've no idea what's under the asphalt floor; well, it's concrete under there now but I suspect it was joists and floorboards in the past.

I read somewhere else on here maybe I should use a 3:1 render to prevent moisture coming through to the plaster (even from below the injection site).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back