Damp problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I moved in to a 1930 house 10 years ago a full survey indicated possible damp issues on one wall. An 'expert' survey then said there was no problem. Now there was some slightly blown areas at the base but no mould or anything has come through til now where a small patch and raised wallpaper appeared behind a picture. I note that the chimney stacks were capped years ago and there is no airbrick or anything in the stacks. 4 years ago I had a balanced flue fire put in and I wonder if trapped moisture might cause this or maybe the DPC (I assume there is one) has been breached. I dont want to have the whole wall redecorated and dried out if it is a simple problem.

The side of the house is cold anyway due to position and a dehumidifier has improved upstairs moisture no end but I guess that downstairs is beyond that.

Any ideas of something I can do before getting the professionals in

Oh BTW the wall is solid

Sponsored Links
Good suggestion ;) 1930 with solid walls? Mine`s mid 20`s and I`ve got cavities . Also mould doesn`t come through , it grows from condensation in the room ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back