Damp proof advice for party wall please...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i have a 1950's semi detached pebble dash. the perimeter walls have DCP, but the concrete floor has no damp proofing and i believe, neither does the party wall

currently the floor reads damp with damp detector and small white crystals form on the joints of old insulation tiles presumably where damp dries out and evaporates

would like to damp proof the floor without having to dig it up.

i've read about paint on products (e.g. 'Aquaseal') to tank out the floor or to lay DPC polythene products as alternative options

i've also read its important to tank up to the DPC on the walls otherwise the damp from the floor which can no longer evaporate is forced up the walls.

but if the party wall - (or other internal walls) don't have a DPC, i presume some kind of barrier would be needed between the floor and the party wall to prevent damp creeping up the party wall?

could anyone advise if this is correct? and if it is offer any solutions on how to create the barrier?

Thanks
Bex

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back