Damp Proof Paint

Sponsored Links
Won't do it Simon. That paint is designed to resist dampness from entering from the outside at normal atmospheric pressure.

I have used a product called HALOCELL 221 in the past which did a reasonable job. Might be worth looking at that.

From MGCLtd - http://www.mgcltd.co.uk/Neil10.html

seeping from where ? walls or floor ?

To properly sort it out you need to look at where the water is coming from (yea I know - the clouds!)

whats the location like? is there a drain thats overflowing ? Are you on a slope? terrace or detached? Is it that the water table is high or is it water running away which is coming in ?

Any paint type product is just covering the inside of the wall, you might need to either stop the water getting into the walls (by diverting it or blocking it) or ensure that it doesnt cause a problem when it does get there - some of the cladding products that allow the wall to breath ?

You might need a french drain ?

I think it is seeping in at the joins of the wall and floor.

I'm end terrace and theres a fairly high water table in the area, on a slight slope. No signs of any drains overflowing.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Most cellars when originally constructed werent ment to be waterproof. So unless its been tanked or is new build you may be fighting a loosing battle.
You may need to fully tank the walls and floors to achieve a watertight finish, this costs thou

In my experience damp-proofing paints are a waste of time, even in above-ground situations. Since your problem is a more demanding below-ground situation I really wouldn't hold out much hope of it success.

If the dampness is a problem you really need to get it properly waterproofed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back