Damp underneath front and back door driving me nuts!

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Having some issues under my front and back door with damp (I think condensation) been going on for a year now but only seems to come around winter no bother in the summer even when it rains basically some mornings when I get up underneath my front and back door there are small puddles have attached some pictures of the affected areas does anyone have any ideas for a fix or what could be causing the issue

Attachments

• DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 194
Sponsored Links
First pic attached is back door second pic front door thanks for the reply

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 142
Are the weep holes clear, one door does not seem to have any? External levels look high possibly over dpc.

Sponsored Links
I've poured water into the lower frames to see if they drain OK and they both do I'm guessing that would mean the weep holes are OK? The Dpc at the back door as far as I can see runs level with the bottom of the outer pvc door does that sound correct? If that was the case is there much i could do? Thanks for the advice

The doors themselves look ok.
I expect the problem is the concrete under the door, Its just the way your house has been built and there is probably not a great deal you can do with out removing the doors and the concrete and trying to build in something new and insulated.

I would start by giving the outside a good couple of coats of blackjack/bitumin to make sure its water tight and but a pvc trim on the inside covering the concrete. Its not much but its cheap and may help a little.

Unfortunately your tiles butt upto the concrete so you will always have a thermal bridge there unless you cut those back too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back