damp window frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What can i use to waterproof the wood on my windows? The condensation runs down the glass and soaks into the frame so if i paint it -it just dont stick!! I cant afford d/g so i've got to stick with these frames for awhile. :?:

Sponsored Links
dry the frames off thouroughly before you paint them if you can, it should adhere then.

Hi,

I had a similar problem. I have recently bought a de-humidifier. This has helped a great deal.

Sponsored Links
If you are drying the window frames 'un-naturally', be very careful - I had a similar problem with my windows and the condensation making it difficult to paint over. Trying to speed up the drying process I used a hair dryer - even although it was on a low heat setting it cracked the glass !!!! :mad:

If there are signs of the wood going "punky" it can be hardened with Banda-Voss Wood Hardener, available from a good builders' merchant. This will even work on wet wood although it won't work below about 5 degree C

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back