Damsel in Distress!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Glow Worm boiler which is quite a few years old. Only one of the four radiators (two upstairs) is getting hot and it is not the one that is first in the system. I assume the first one in the system is the one directly above the boiler (but could be wrong - I'm no plumber!!). The one that is getting hot is in the front upstairs bedroom. The one that is directly above the boiler is cold and is in the back upstairs bedroom. The two downstairs radiators are cold. The upstairs bathroom radiator is cold.

The wall thermostat "clicks" at 5 degrees centrigade when the actual room temperature is 16 degrees C. Could this have anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!!

Sponsored Links
and come back to the experts if your still stuck. No one likes a damsel in distress!

(Especially its your daughter who has no heat and sees fit to call at 10 at night) Bless her

Thanks boys (that's an assumption on my part!) - I'll look in the reference section and if I'm still stuck, I'll post again. Just one simple question - could it be the thermostat? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Kev, but it's not really good news for me. The thermostat would have been my easiest option. I suspect it could be the pump which is under the floorboards which are under a double wardrobe which is very well-stocked, on top of which are about eight boxes of stored belongings - suppose I should really have a sort out!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back