Danesmoor PJ 15/19 baffles.

pcr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
This old boiler has a baffle on each side of the fire box and a centre baffle holding them in place. The maintenance schedule refers to sealing this centre baffle with a ceramic fibre strip but non is fitted and the baffle is loose. Please can anyone advise ?.
Regards, pcr.

Sponsored Links
go to a heating supplier and ask for knitted rope or lagging rope....they do various sizes 6mm to 25mm , whatever, take your pick. ive used 14mm i think, just put baffle in and feed rope into gap with a screwy.
....and stop reading the manual.

Wilhelm,
Thankyou for your prompt reply. Can I ask, are you familiar with this baffle arrangement as I was surprised to find that the service engineer left it without this seal, which must affect the boiler efficiency. I came to look at it because the baffles are rattling.
Regards, pcr.

Sponsored Links
well, not really cos your boiler circa nineteen canteen is inefficient as it is....you are chucking loads of heat up your flue. if you looked at a modern worcester you would be surprised,...1/4 inch plate baffles and certainly more than one/two 18 guage bits of tin. (i know theres four around sides , sometimes the middle baffles vary..)

ok youll stop the rattling....thats all .

get a wallstar. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back