Danfoss CP715si wiring to allow separate HW and CH timings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Just had a CP715si fitted in replacement of our old original CP715.

We have a fully pumped system.

How do I get the new programmer to do separate HW and CH timings? Some one has told its a wire swap on the backplate?

I've attached a photo of the current wiring

Thanks

Matt

Attachments

• 15361799205485421428894435961021.jpg
    15361799205485421428894435961021.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Both devices have exactly the same wiring diagrams.

Are both CH and HW on when only HW is called for AND when only CH is called for?

Sponsored Links
Both devices have exactly the same wiring diagrams.

Are both CH and HW on when only HW is called for AND when only CH is called for?

That's correct. maybe I'm getting confused. I was under the impression you could physically set different times for HW and CH?

When the programmer is set to auto for both CH and HW they both come on at the times set regardless of if its called for. For example in the winter, the hotwater will go off at a certain time but so will the heating. I then have to go and override it to keep the heating on longer. Very frustrating.

I must add, the old programmer never allowed separate timings either.

Hi guys

Just had a CP715si fitted in replacement of our old original CP715.

We have a fully pumped system.

How do I get the new programmer to do separate HW and CH timings? Some one has told its a wire swap on the backplate?

I've attached a photo of the current wiring

Thanks

Matt
Does the system allow separate HW and CH? That needs a mid-position valve or two 2-port valves. If you have an either/or 3-port valve you can have HW only or Hw + CH, but not CH only.

why did you choose the SI version? Was it going cheap?

You know what it does, don't you?

why did you choose the SI version? Was it going cheap?

You know what it does, don't you?

The plumber i was using supplied it but when I questioned him about this he wasn't helpful and never returned to help.

Does the system allow separate HW and CH? That needs a mid-position valve or two 2-port valves. If you have an either/or 3-port valve you can have HW only or Hw + CH, but not CH only.

I have a 3port valve fitted.

The wires at the programmer are connected to where they would be expected to go if you have a standard 3-Port motorised valve as part of a Y Plan system. That would be N, L, 1, 3 & 4.........But, what the wires are connected to at their other end of course is unknown, as is the rest of the wiring.

Assuming yours is a standard 'Y Plan' it appears to me that there is a probably a fault somewhere else, in which case, you will probably need someone who is competent to use electrical test gear and understands how a 'Y Plan' system works and is wired to check it through bit by bit. This can be tricky, because not all plumbers will understand how the wiring works and not all electricians will understand how the 3-Port valve works.

To answer your earlier question, terminal 2 is virtually never used. Only a rare type of valve called a MoMo would use it [I've only ever seen one] and AFAIK that applies only to the two port version. I seem to remember that the three port MoMo doesn't use it either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back