Danfoss oil pump for C/H Boiler Burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a new Danfoss oil pump to a burner. The Burner is a Ceunod NC4 and the oil pump is a Danfoss BFP 21 L3.

I had some problems with the old pump. I have checked and cleaned all the nozzles, contacts, in fact everything. I have primed the pump by filling with clean C/H oil and checked that there is a vapour being expelled and that there is a spark.

However, where attempting to start up by pressing the re-set button the burner does not fire and after inspecting the pump it is no longer full of oil. The are no leaks in the unions and the feed pipes are new.
Any suggestion, please?

Sponsored Links
I have checked and cleaned all the nozzles

How many nozzles exactly? Why are you cleaning it? Replace it if necessary (which now, it is).

I have primed the pump by filling with clean C/H oil and checked that there is a vapour being expelled and that there is a spark.

So the components for combustion are there.

However, where attempting to start up by pressing the re-set button the burner does not fire and after inspecting the pump it is no longer full of oil. The are no leaks in the unions and the feed pipes are new.
Any suggestion, please?

The oil pipe is blocked, or there IS a leak allowing air in.

What pressure is the pump set to?

not in relation to your boiler pump, but i've had one running backwards after someone re installed it. is yours?

Do you have a single supply pipe or twin supply?
as for running backwards it wont as he got like for like pump

By priming your pump thats not enought you need to bleed the oil line
as its about 100+ psi pressure a dribble in your pump wont do it..

Sponsored Links
Have you got oil/checked your filter at the tank
Seems strange you think the last pump is faulty and now your new one?

Is it single or twin supply pipe to burner,do you have a tiger loop?
im asking as if it has 2 pipes you need to insert a bypass screw for it to work..
if filter is clean and your not getting oil at burner disconnect at the tank and blast with compressor

Have you checked your fire valve not tripped :idea:

Thank you for all your answers. I have tried everything you suggested but to no avail.
Many thanks

Since you haven't answered any of the questions, it's impossible to give you any help beyond a stab-in-the-dark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back