OIL boiler/burner pump question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my EOGB oil burner, its just been serviced and cuts out after approx 3 mins whilst running. It has two new filters, new nozzle, new flexible oil line.
Oil pressure gets up to what I set it at (100psi on Danfoss BFP 21 R5) and stays constant.
Could it be the solenoid failing after 3 mins and dropping back down, closing off the oilway??
If so, I have another pump that may fit (Danfoss BFP 11 L3). Would this couple up to existing Electro Oil Type TF 701B?
Light cell has been tested.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Oil pressure gets up to what I set it at (100psi on Danfoss BFP 21 R5) and stays constant.
Could it be the solenoid failing after 3 mins and dropping back down, closing off the oilway??
If so, I have another pump that may fit (Danfoss BFP 11 L3).

?? 21 R5 = Clockwiswe rotation 11 L3 = Anticlockwise so in what way are they compatable apart from mounting arrangements?

Could it be the solenoid failing , going by the fault I have? Maybe swap this by itself, that might work?

I have a problem with my EOGB oil burner, its just been serviced and cuts out after approx 3 mins whilst running. It has two new filters, new nozzle, new flexible oil line.
If so, I have another pump that may fit (Danfoss BFP 11 L3). Would this couple up to existing Electro Oil Type TF 701B?
Light cell has been tested.

Many thanks

Was it cutting out before the service was done, and if not, what has been altered when doing the service, could very well be the solenoid dropping out after it starts to warm.
When you say it cuts out, does it go into lockout?

Sponsored Links
It was failing before service, thought it was dirty oil but everything clean now! Solenoid does get warm.
I have a voltage tester, anywhere to test the solenoid?

change solenoid coil
Is it your boiler or customers?
and do you usually work on oil boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back