Danfoss Randall 3060 timer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved house and have a Randall 30 60 boiler programmer. We had no issues until we changed the timer for when the heating/ water should come on - we changed this by moving the little dials. The timer is working but it doesn't seem to be clicking into the timed slots for when we want the heating to come on, we have to manually click it over the dial. Can anyone advise? The boiler was serviced before we moved in. Thanks a lot
PXL_20230103_213129783.jpg

Sponsored Links
You do know the bottom dial is in the OFF position ? Are the pointers clicked inward or Pulled outward ?

Yes, it was just off whilst I was playing around with it, back on timer now and still not working. I can't seem to move the pointers, do you know what they should be? When you say pointed out what do you mean?

Sponsored Links
I can't seem to move the pointers, do you know which they should be?

I am not sure ,but I think you either pull them outward ,away from the dial,or push them inward towards it.

Thank you, I can't push or pull the pointers but I have managed to pull the dial out slightly so hoping that may help

The switch pointers should just move with pushing. It is best to do this with the pointers away from the 'time' position at the base. If they've not been moved for a long time they will be stiff.
Do they switch if you move the dial manually? Sometimes the clock motor is not strong enough to overcome the switch resistance.

You are expected to push the pointers inwards if you want them to do the switching at that time.

Or pull them outwards if you want them to have no effect.

The switch pointers should just move with pushing. It is best to do this with the pointers away from the 'time' position at the base. If they've not been moved for a long time they will be stiff.
Do they switch if you move the dial manually? Sometimes the clock motor is not strong enough to overcome the switch resistance.
They do switch if moved manually, seems like the clock motor isn't strong enough to overcome the switch resistance - is there a solution to this?

They do switch if moved manually, seems like the clock motor isn't strong enough to overcome the switch resistance - is there a solution to this?
Yes ,fit a new timer. If the dial doesn't turn past the on position it's had it.

Thank you all for your help, we played around with it a bit more last night and it's now working!

You are expected to push the pointers inwards if you want them to do the switching at that time.

Or pull them outwards if you want them to have no effect.
wrong they only move sideward to what ever time people set it to

these are now obsolete but if you have further trouble there is a secondhand one on ebay for 75 quid danfoss 3060 takes 2 minutes to fit without touching the existing wiring

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back