Danfoss RMT230 Roomstat need wearing in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I hope some kind person can help me please.

My Danfoss RMT230 mech/elec roomstat stopped working so I bought an exact replacement.

As I was fitting the replacement, some debris dislodged from the old one and so that works now anyway (Mustve been in the way of some contacts). Still decided to replace it as I have the new one.

New stat was in a bag and som my imagination says it will have been warm.
Anyway, the new stat seems to be clicking (temp threshold) at about 26 while my old one was at about 21.
Seems quite a difference when the dial only goes from 5-30

Stat has been up for a few hours and doesnt show much sign of adjusting yet.

Is there an adjustment period where the new stat is getting used to the temp of my house compared to the bag its been in for weeks?
When both are put next to one another, the readings still seem to be 21 and 26, surely they should both be the same.

Am going to see if I can buy a themometer to put next to them but wondered if anybody knew if there was a kind of wearing-in adjustment period?

I wired the new stat exactly the same as the old one as they are identical parts.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time in reading.

Best regards

Alex ( BobSpoons )

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump this post. If its against forum rules then I do apologise.

Thermostat is still not registering what I expect it to.

Is there a margin of error on these? Another thought is do these thermostats need claibrating somehow so that the temp indicated by the "click" corresponds with the temp on the dial at that time?

Please help and thanks for reading.

Alex

BobSpoons said:
Is there an adjustment period where the new stat is getting used to the temp of my house compared to the bag its been in for weeks?
No.

When both are put next to one another, the readings still seem to be 21 and 26, surely they should both be the same.
Yes.

...wondered if anybody knew if there was a kind of wearing-in adjustment period?
No.

Any help would really be appreciated.
At least one of the stats is faulty.

Might sound like a daft question but are the part number identical?. iirc there are two variants of the Danfoss RMT230, one which requires a neutral connection for an accelerator heater and one which doesn't.

edit: more info here: danfoss website & datasheet

Sponsored Links
Thanks to you both :)

Yes they are both the same part number and both have the accelerator (Though not too certain what that does)
They were identical inside and I wired the new one exactly the same as the old one.

I guess one is on the faulty side :( will have to get a wall thermometer to find out which is the accurate one.

Cheers

Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back