DanFoss T5000 to Hive Mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’m trying to install Hive mini in 2 zone house. Upstairs bedroom has its in own zone. Wiring in DanFoss it just has a com and on wire in it - see photo. There are then earth and a grey with blue band which assume is neutral. Both are capped.

I wired the new mini with grey in neutral, brown in com with loop to live and then black in point 3 in mini for heating on.

With it connected there are no lights on hive - bizarrely got email saying I have a new device but not sure if that is thermostat linking or the main box. When I push the button on the hive box it does nothing and no flashing light for pairing to main hub etc and doesn’t turn it on or off.

The yellow collar wire going into the box in tank is for the zone 2 - when I set the DanFoss the yellow valve is the one I can feel kicking in.

Any help appreciated - if something is needed in main box I will use a plumber / electrician.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6852.jpeg
    IMG_6852.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6862.jpeg
    IMG_6862.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6866.jpeg
    IMG_6866.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6868.jpeg
    IMG_6868.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6872.jpeg
    IMG_6872.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
I think you have wrongly assumed the grey is connected to Neutral in the wiring center, even though it’s sleeved blue, hence why no lights on hive. Can you trace the grey wire?

I think your right there is a grey wire not connected to anything?

Attachments

• IMG_6875.jpeg
    IMG_6875.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
How did you work out if brown or black is line in or line out? L must be line in as to if com or N/O is line in or out it does not matter.

I would start by using my multi meter or volt tester black to grey and brown to grey and find out which is line in.

Sponsored Links
I think your right there is a grey wire not connected to anything?
You need to check if that grey is the wire not connected. If you turn the power off join the grey in wiring center to maybe the earth or the brown com in the wiring center and test the other end for continuity, should be able to confirm.

If it does turn out to the missing neutral which port would it go in?
Hard to tell, but if the black cables are entering the wiring center are from motorised/zone valves they will have a blue wire which will connect in the wiring center, so connect to one of those.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back