Danfoss ts715 si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i recently put a post up about my boiler only working on hot water and no central heating. I was advised that it could be my Danfoss timer as it was recieving a signal from my wireless rf unit but not switching the boiler on. I have had a plumber round and he checked my boiler but could find no faults so he has now bypassed the timer and i now have central heating but it is on all the time and i have to manually turn the heat up when i need more heat. Is it possible to take the timer out of the loop and just have my Digistat SCR and RF1 wireless unit control when the boiler switches on and off

Sponsored Links
Transmitter/ reciever will control heating, TS715 is there to heat water. I take it you have a heat only boiler.

If it is a combi, TS715 can be removed and Radio control unit talks to the boiler directly.

Yes it is a combi boiler. The power to the boiler comes in thru the ts715 wall plate then onto the digistat SCR receiver then to the boiler. The timer only controls the heating, The water heating is on all the time . I just want to take the ts715 out of the loop and have my heating come on when the temerature of the house gets below 21 degree's

Sponsored Links
What boiler do you have?

The place the plumber fitted the link, reciever contacts go there. No external voltage mind, the reciever relay applies the short across the points where you will be removing the link..

Why not remove the TS715 and fit the reciever in place of it? When you look at the TS backplate, you will see a blue wire on N, brown on L. 1 and 4 would then connect to boiler terminals where the plumber inserted the link. N+L will be needed to drive the wireless reciever

I just removed the cross wire at boiler and Fitted a new ts715si to see if that fixed the problem but no CH. The red light comes on which suggests the timer is sending a signal to turn on the CH. Only Thing that is between the boiler and the TS715 is the digistat SCR so i am now thinking that is at fault now. How can i test this?

You need to post the wiring run so some sense can be made of what exists. I know how I would wire the setup, but that does not mean what you have is same as how I would do it,

If you look at the boiler manual and programmer manual, it will become crystal clear how the controls should be hooked up.

I have now got the central heating working. I rewired the scr wall plate to fit the ts715 so now know that the scr was at fault even thou it looked like it was receiving a signal from the rf so will get a new one. Thanks for your help DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back