Danfoss valve- repairable or scrap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced a motorised zone valve after almost binning the programmer on my system. The pump was continously running but all valves were closed which seemed odd and expensive. (no bypass) I assumed the programmer which is quite old would be at fault but sussed out that the pump got it's signal from the valves. I have four zone valves so had to untangle the wiring nest and remove each one in turn. Sure enough one valve was closed but calling for heat and turning the pump on. I replaced the actuator (lucky i had a spare) and all is working again. The valve is less than 2 years old so i am ot happy. Is it repairable in view of the electrical fault?

Sponsored Links
Hi Freddy

Erm, got any more details for us? Model of pump? Serial number of the faulty valve?

Without these we're kinda in the dark, but I'd be inclined to say it would easier to replace than repair.

Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back