DB Location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been to look at a new building for my company and noticed that the main 3 phase DB is located under a sink...

Should I be worried? does it need moving?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a brand new building?

What kind of building is it?

No brand new, its 10+ years old. its a stone built coffee shop / restaurant. There is a 3 phase service head then half a metre to the left is the main 3 phase DB (under the sink) and that feeds various sub boards in the property / surrounding land.

Well, it's not ideal but being under a sink is not actually wrong.

If it were a new building it probably would not be allowed, but for access reasons rather than the water which, I presume, is your worry.

Don't let the sink leak.

Sponsored Links
Well, it's not ideal but being under a sink is not actually wrong.

If it were a new building it probably would not be allowed, but for access reasons rather than the water which, I presume, is your worry.

Don't let the sink leak.

Thanks, Was just worried as the only fuses protecting the board are 3x 100a and did not like the idea of leaks!

Thanks, Was just worried as the only fuses protecting the board are 3x 100a and did not like the idea of leaks!
I can sympathise with that feeling but, to be honest, I seriously doubt that you'd get anything approaching 100A through a collection of tap water, even if you filled up the DB with it. However, I'm not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing - for a fuse (or fuses) to operate if the DB filled up with water would probably be quite a good idea (maybe you need some RCDs!) :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back