De-aerator query...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone out there not watching "I'm a celebrity"?

Can i expect any problems from my Aerjec de-aerator when i do a powerflush tomorrow? I've already warned the neighbour below me to let me know at the first sign of a leak!!

Thanks

Buzzbob

Sponsored Links
What bothers me most is that you could lay your hands on the picture so quickly! :confused:

Sponsored Links
I'm sure there must be a joke there about going glassy eyed when rubbing your balls but lets move on.

Do you have any experiance of de-aerators?

B

yes . they get clogged up with shyte.

:idea: why not throw a magnet at yours and see if it sticks?

That's easy.

I won't be chucking that magnet at the thing because it would involve throwing it through the nicely finished ceiling i put in without a hatch.

I stood there looking up into the ceiling void and said those words " i'll never need to get in that space again, I'll just board it straight through".

Bugger.

Lets hope it neverr gets terminally blocked.

Buzzbob

As willem says ,you would be better cuttinng out the aerjec first before flushing as these are prone to blocking

:eek: what 22mm pipe and a 75mm dia. drum thing .......blocked with sludge WTF is the rest of the system like :?: Job`s Comforters, the lot of you :confused:

Thanks for the replies.....

Wow-I had to look up what a Job's comforter was. I think i've got it.

I did get to hire the kit at 10:00 on sat morning. I then spent hours and hours trying to free off the pump nuts! :evil: After many attempts at heating with a blow torch i finally won. I have now successfully connected up the machine and done my first flush's. I'm going to save the chemical flush til tomorrow.

Any preferences to Sentinel 800 followed by 100 or Norstrom sludge remover , descaler and then inhibiter?

I've got to question whether it was worth it. It will cost about 120 quid by the end of it and two days work. Now i've got into the pump i would say yes, had i had to go in through a radiator i would have been pretty disheartened. Having said that, i have learned alot. For me that really counts.

Cheers

buzz

I had spoken to a couple of guys about putting in a new boiler (due to a persistant kettling problem). They were unable to get it done until late jan. They mentioned that they would then do a powerflush-I then stumbled upon the possibility of hiring.

I believed (rightly or wrongly) that a powerflush is better than a mains flush, and i wanted to the best thing. You see i had done a drain and refill many times last spring when i changed the pump and this had reduced the kettling to what i believed was an acceptaqble level.

So i guess it was a lack of knowledge coupled with a willingness to do the best thing i could at the time.

Cheers

buzz

I'm about to fire up the boiler and add some chemical to the system.

Only thing is i've got the vent and feed pipes joined in the loft. Is it still ok to fire up?

Does the machine cope with the expansion problem?

Thanks for the help.

Buzz

Anyone know how to extract a cat from behind a hot water tank? :rolleyes:

Just remember not to allow the boiler to fire without the flusher on and the isolating valves open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back