Dead fox in garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last few days we been getting a strong foul smell and found a dead fox in next door garden hiding in the flower bed.Does anyone know what the procedures is regarding getting rid of it ?

Buried it in garden ?
Bag it to rubbish dump ?
Call in RSPCA ?

Sponsored Links
as its a fox you should secure an old glove on to its muzzle then bury it in the garden.

Next year you will get a nice bunch of foxgloves

Do I put 'Brut 33' over it for the smell & to stop the ants creeping in ! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

joking a side, i wonder what killed it or did it die of something else, i saw a prog on tv that said the common household cat has been known to kill a fox

Sponsored Links
My next door has to move it as the smell was so bad and couldn't see any cat fight damaged and now being bag up ready for our local environmental to collect in the morning.

We have known this fox approx 2 years so probably died of natural causes or dehydrates in hot weather !

Looking at the website,most lived up to 2 years,some good one lasting up to 9 years.

i still think the glove was the best idea, i didn't realise they only live a short while

A cat will have a fox and survive, but woe betide the dog that crosses one in anger, they can catch all sorts (got the vet bills to prove it and he is lucky to still be here) and yes, two years for a fox is a pretty good average life span, especially town foxes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back