Decent tile saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought an erbauer tile saw from screwfix, returned it due to an out of true arbor, and the replacement is also out of true. Had enough of this rubbish make.

Spent £60 on this but wouldn't mind spending double that if it's worth it as I have a bathroom and kitchen to tile.

Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
I posted your other thread ;) ; Vitrex or Rubi will serve you well but may be a little extravagant if you only intend using it for a couple of DIY jobs.

I think you may have been a little unlucky with your choice or it may be due to a manufacturing fault on a batch, did Screwfix not offer any explanation? Budget tile cutters can be excellent as long as you don’t intend putting them to hard trade use. I have a cheapo “Tile-It” cutter bought at B&Q some years ago for less than £40, I keep the bed permanently set at 45 degrees & use it for cutting bevelled corner edges (quiet an arduous task) & it does a very good job; no sign of blade wobble or bearing wear after many years use.

Unfortunately it seems screwfix staff are conditioned to apologize and take the return as soon as a customer puts a box on the counter. I offered to show them the fault but they weren't interested at all.

That tile saw does get good reviews so a bad batch is a possibility. In the end I took the refund and bought a 560w powermax from toolstation for £70.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back