Deck screening ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a decking area (50m2) at the rear of my garden that covers the whole width and has a frontage width of 7.5m.

I use it in the summer, but for the next 6 months I will be putting my dogs kennels up there and I want it to be the area where they stay when I am not home.

I want to close off the front, so that they are confined to that one area.

I will be selling the house next year, so I don't want to be spending to much doing this.

Does anyone have any good ideas that are not that expensive to do.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
not sure i fully understand, but what about chickenwire? or plastic fencing? - you don't say what sort of dogs or how they behave with ... postmen, motorbikes, helicoptors, other dogs going past....

other things... decking gets very slippy during the wet winter months... plus dog **** (mess) is not very appealing on decking if you're wanting to sell !!!!

Hi imamartian.

I would prefer to put something in place which can stay for when I am having viewings.

I could always go and buy some timber and make something myself, but then it would look to tacky, so it would have to come down at some point, prior to people coming around.

I've looked in B+Q and Whickes at the products they sell, but it will cost to much.

I'm looking for some cost effective ideas that I could use.

Cheers.

Why don't you fix a proper balustrade around the decking as a permanent job? Or take a picture of the decking before you put a temporary bodge up, and show prospective buyers what it will look like after you've taken it off when you move out?

Sponsored Links
I found some decent decking screen panels from Whickes that were being discontinued and so I used them

I added some timber to 2 of them and created barn style gates to keep my dogs secured at certain times.

It cost me no more than £100, so it was pretty cheap considering the amount of materials I needed.

Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back