decking help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon looking for some advice plz,i banged some posts in last year into the ground and cemented them in ready for decking this is as far as i got,cant rush these jobs:mrgreen:.

Anyway going to try and complete this in the next few weeks,anyone advise best way to build the frame as due to the shape of the garden its a triangle area im doing if it was square then this will be easy really but its the fact its a triangle shape.The outside frame will be easy enough to do but its the middle im not sure on,i will need to put a couple more posts in the center just to help take the weight thats not the problem.

Would i be best to angle the ends of the 4x2 to sit flsh with the outside frame and maybe use some of them metal joist frames for ect support.

Any advice would be great as you can tell i'm no diyer but i need to try and get this done to keep the wife happy.

Also would i be best buying a impact driver to help with the job in hand,i do have an old makita drill but tbh its not great when banging screw in or are there better value impact drivers out there to buy now

Sponsored Links
How wide will the 4x2’s span?

I’d say the more posts the better.

You want your posts approx 1m apart and then build a frame to support the decking with noggins in-between. Then double up the joists, you can get away with less posts if you use supporting beams under the joists, but if the ground is soft enough, its as easy to dig the extra post holes.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back