Decking Oil / Stain Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

After experiencing the hell which is Cuprinol and having to use the products from http://www.teakcleaner.co.uk/ to remove it I now have a clear decking.

What I would like to know is what you all would recommend.

I just want something which does what is says on the tin and does a good job.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thought I would post a couple of pics of my decking with and without Cuprinol. I would really recommend the teak cleaner please be aware though this product isn't really designed for decking so use at your own risk.

Sponsored Links
What problem's have you had with Cuprinol, I use their oil on my decking with no problems or did you use stain.

Hi,

It just flaked and broke up. I'm not even sure it lasted 12 months. I know two other people who also used the stain at the same time as me due to a local offer and we have all experienced problems.

I originally used Ronseal decking oil without problem when I first put the decking down.

I have also just noticed another thread on here with people who have experience the same problems.

I see it was stain you used,I followed advice from here and have only used oil,as you have found out oil is best.

Sponsored Links
There are 2 types of people in the world. Those who have tried to remove decking stain and those who haven't.

Those in group one like myself will swear to never again use it and discourage others from staining it too.

Only ever oil decking and if you want a tint make it oil with tint in it.

Personally i much prefer cuprinol products as i have some bad experiences with ronseal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back