Decking on access path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hope someone could help with law and regulations, regarding decking and access path.

Whilst my house was being renovated, we wasn't living at the property, during this time our neighbour has built a decking area, over the access path leading to my back garden, the access path is going through the neighbours garden leading to mine, is there a law that can make him remove the decking over the access path that is in his garden leading to mine , if anyone could help with laws and regulations it will be greatly appreciated TIA.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
iff he owns the land outright he can do exactly as he pleases as long as it doesn't interfear with your safe passage
do your deeds mention widths or wheeled access

iff he owns the land outright he can do exactly as he pleases as long as it doesn't interfear with your safe passage
do your deeds mention widths or wheeled access
Decking. Safe passage.

Not always possible

thats why i asked about wheeled vehicle as ramps or steps may be reguired

another point is it lower than 300mm at the highest point and less than 50% off all the garen
Agree. But point I made, badly, is that decking when wet, especially in a shaded area can be lethal when wet, for the fleetest of foot, let alone, older, infirm etc

Agree. But point I made, badly, is that decking when wet, especially in a shaded area can be lethal when wet, for the fleetest of foot, let alone, older, infirm etc
yes indeed its all part off the same equation
i often ask leading questions in reply rather than a full explanation to answer the question as i see it just to find i have answered the wrong question hence the short initial responce :giggle: :oops:

It all depends on the easement or agreement in the deeds.

Bear in mind .... the walkway should be safe to use.

Also, the Equality Act applies (disability? ), and the access must be suitable for you, your family and ...... all of your visitors whoever they may be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back