Decking over grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just a quick one. I am thinking of laying some decking about 6" off the floor by using drive in metal spikes and build the frame off these. This will be above the lawn but will i have to dig all the turf up or can i just weed killer the grass and place some weed covering over it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi, i'm a DIY'er not a pro, but i don't think drive-in metal spikes are the best route to take. You need to put in proper concrete posts to support your frame.

As for the grass, you need to put in a weed control fabric, so it doesn't matter if you just lay this over the turf, as it will die anyway... don't bother digging it up !!

but i would seriously think about your frame supports !!!!

I think that's the second time I've agreed with one of your posts Martian Breath! This is becoming a regular occurrence.

Sponsored Links
I think that's the second time I've agreed with one of your posts Martian Breath! This is becoming a regular occurrence.

Steady on small gay man with a rather peculiar moustache and reasonably good voice... it won't last long ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back