Decking to hold large paddle pool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering getting some decking around the side of the house but we also intend to put a large paddling pool (10ft easy up) pool in this area. Can a normal build decking take the weight or would I need to strengthen in some way. The paddling pool is 10ft wide, round and could have total of 4 tonnes of water @ 0.6m deep (0.6m deep = 600kg/m2 ??) ??

Sponsored Links
Intent is to sink the frame into the ground so decking is only ~ 2inches above current ground level....currently it's a gravel area on ground...area has quite a high clay content but I'm assuming some level of concrete required under the frame

I would ,you'll also need ground cover tostop weeds coming through and gravel so any water spilled can drain away and not leave puddles

Sponsored Links
OK...what kind of "centres" for the frame below where the pool will sit ? I'd be hoping to use "proper" softwood for the top ..not your B&Q thin slats. Would the frame need to be "stronger" than a normal build or does 6-800ks/m2 not sound excessive when applied across a patio ?

id use 8 x2 for the framing with supports at 1 m centres, and the joists at 400mm centres. To be honest it will more than carry the weight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back