Decking for large paddling pool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am thinking of putting a deck together to place one of them 12' x 12' paddling pools on but not sure exactly where to start.

My thinking is to build it approximately 15' x 15' to give some space to step out onto. Having never built a deck before I was thinking of using something like this http://www.wickes.co.uk/Pergola-+amp-Easy-Deck/Easy-Deck-Bearer/invt/540523 and laying it on concrete blocks set in the ground at x distances apart (x being provided by experts on here :)) but this unfortunately isn't large enough. Could any decking experts give me a push in the right direction as to what I would require?

Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Just so you don't make any mistakes, have a read of these links as well;

http://www.thetopdeck.co.uk/planning_permission_and_decks.htm

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=181176[/QUOTE]

Cheers for the heads up Richard. I don't think I fall foul of the new regulations, not over 50% of the garden and not over 30cm from existing ground.

I found this post on here //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=178751 where Thermo recommends using 8x2 for the frame. Reading through many of the posts on here Thermo seems well respected and knows his stuff. So 8x2 for the frame but will this still suffice as my pool is slightly larger 12' rather than the 10'?

is it a paddling pool or a swimming pool. whats the approx height of the pool?

Sponsored Links
is it a paddling pool or a swimming pool. whats the approx height of the pool?

Paddling pool, if I remember correctly it is 32" high but I will check tomorrow as its in the shed. Just realised I put 12' x 12' in my original post which suggests it is square, I meant it is one of them simply round, plastic 12' paddling pools for the kids.

If I've got my sums right a 12 foot diameter pool filled to 30" will have about 7.5 cubic metres of water in it. That's 7.5 tons!

Maybe that's best left on solid ground, I'm not sure most decking systems are designed to take the weight of a double decker bus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back