decking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to you DIY'S. I am normaly on driffrent DIY forums but i don't seem to be geting much help with my guestions about decking?

I am just about to start my decking the size of the decked area is appox 5.3 by3.7m at the moment there is a concret paito/area where the decking is going to go the concret area is 5.3by 2.9.

So the first thing is would i have to dig up the concret area the depth of it is about 3to4 inch and there is drainge in that area. Also i am going to bolt the back and the left hand side joist to the house i am going to use 5 post 4 to the front 1 to the back to the right hand side the 4 at the front will be concreted in so how deep will i have to go for that and how long would the posts have to be. I am also going to use the post to fix the handrails to as well.

How big a joist is best to use 4by2 6by2. For the support joist if i keep the concret area i was going to use bolt down post plates/brackets to support the support joist posts would that be ok for that job. One more thing is it best to fix all the joist together with nails or screws or to make it easier for me would it be better to use joist hangers/brackets. and if some one more tip's on decking it would be welcomed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back