Decomission Risco Agility 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm want to replace a Risco Agility 3 alarm system (door sensor, motion sensor control panel and base station) with a Ring alarm system.

I know there is a service mode on the alarm I have used in the past but I'm not sure how I can prevent the alarm from activating as I decommission the system i.e. turning off power to base station, removing sounder box, sensors.....

If anyone has any info on how to do this and factory reset the alarm that would be great.

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
Quickest and easiest is to totally downpower the contol panel mains & battery. Then remove all batteries from all device's Inc bell box and keypads.
Default faulting is different mater, and is dependent on original setup.

Last edited:
Quickest and easiest is to totally downpour vonttol panel mains & battery. Then remove all batteries from all device's Inc bell box and keypads.
Default faulting is different mater, and is dependent on original setup.

you been drinking jo ? Lol or has autocorrect gone haywire….

Sponsored Links
Hello all.

want to uninstall/decommission my Risco Agility 3 as well. The system is solid and reliable but the fact that one can not easily maintain it oneself and have to engage the services of an engineer is driving me crazy! The first engineer that installed and agreed a contract to service and maintain it closed shop after a year. The second engineer, whom I also agreed a service and maintenance contract with started changing the T&Cs mid way through and I had to cancel the contract and he left me with a wrong (which he claimed was correct) master code! So, now I can't even access the installer (or whatever it's called) menu. A third engineer that I got to come service it just over a year ago managed to service it (i.e. changed batteries) without needing to access the installer menu or something. Now, I have a couple of the devices showing low battery and I have been trying to get this engineer to come and replace the batteries but without success (answered my first call and asked me to phone back to agree a date and time, but for some reason not answering my calls or texts! You would think I am asking him to come and do it free of charge!)

Anyway, I am fed-up, and want to get a system I can install and maintain myself! I had the visionic powermax before which I installed and maintained myself before being sweet-talked into replacing it with a professionally installed Risco! So, my question (apologies for the long rant) is if I uninstall the Risco Agility 3 by completely powering it down and removing the panel, wireless kepad, camera, pir and sounder, will this affect the system being factory reset for whoever intends to use it next (I plan to sell on Ebay or something) as the kit cost me about £650 a few years ago and it is still in good nick. Thanks

Just change the batteries yourself …sounds as it’s not got tamper engineer reset set if the last person changed the batteries … can’t see you getting much for your old system anyway …

Change the batteries, you can place on service mode to change them from the user menu if your a master user.

If you have one way devices you will need to either walk test them or power cycle the panel otherwise it will show tamper.

To power cycle mains off, panel battery off , panel battery on, maims power on.

That’s without an engineers code, the panel has 2 engineer codes a master/main engineer and a sun engineer often the sun engineer code isn’t changed at all by installers.

The default engineers code is in the engineers manual and that can be found in a Google search.

If your using the app you may be able to pay someone that allows you to pay annually for the Risco cloud connection like us and your free to main the system yourself. This does require the system to be released by the previous alarm company. If your not using the app then you don’t even have that to worry about.

Just change the batteries yourself …sounds as it’s not got tamper engineer reset set if the last person changed the batteries … can’t see you getting much for your old system anyway …
Thanks for your response. Would still like an answer to my original question though.

What was your original question.

The alarm will go off when you open a device, once it’s down powered completely it will be silent.

You can place in service mode.

As for parts of your getting shut pm me with details or equipment and pictures of its condition, it may be useful for parts as these are no longer available from Risco.

Change the batteries, you can place on service mode to change them from the user menu if your a master user.

If you have one way devices you will need to either walk test them or power cycle the panel otherwise it will show tamper.

To power cycle mains off, panel battery off , panel battery on, maims power on.

That’s without an engineers code, the panel has 2 engineer codes a master/main engineer and a sun engineer often the sun engineer code isn’t changed at all by installers.

The default engineers code is in the engineers manual and that can be found in a Google search.

If your using the app you may be able to pay someone that allows you to pay annually for the Risco cloud connection like us and your free to main the system yourself. This does require the system to be released by the previous alarm company. If your not using the app then you don’t even have that to worry about.
Hi and thanks for your response.

1) Not sure whether I am a master user or not. I have just the one code/PIN. The one set by myself (during the first engineer's installation) that I use to arm and disarm the system

2) I think I have the default codes - Grandmaster code, Installer code and sub-installer code - as written in the installer manual which I managed to download from the internet. But, all just seems complicated to me.

3) Yes I do have the app, and I am interested in your statement "If your using the app you may be able to pay someone that allows you to pay annually for the Risco cloud connection like us and your free to main the system yourself. This does require the system to be released by the previous alarm company." and would like to know more. I would think the system has been released (or abandoned) by the original installer, as like I mentioned he packed up the business about a year later after installing my alarm.

What was your original question.

The alarm will go off when you open a device, once it’s down powered completely it will be silent.
If I power down the system to install it, will affect the ability of the system of being able to be factory reset for later use by someone else (i.e. it won't 'brick' the system)?

It may not be factory resettable if it’s locked without the appropriate equipment.

It’s a useable system and you can maintain it easily.

Powering down shouldn’t do anything detrimental indeed all the electronics are covered. So almost impossible to cause damage without deliberately trying to do so.

It may not be factory resettable if it’s locked without the appropriate equipment.

It’s a useable system and you can maintain it easily.

Powering down shouldn’t do anything detrimental indeed all the electronics are covered. So almost impossible to cause damage without deliberately trying to do so.
Many thanks for your response.

Nothing is ever straight with Risco! Could anyone please advise me how to remove/unattach the PIR camera (EyeWave wireless PIR Camera model: RWX95CM) from the wall, and the door/window contact (wireless Door/Window contact model: RWT721) from the door. I can't find any obvious screw, clip etc. Nothing in both the user or installer manuals about this, and I can't find any info on the internet or even YouTube! Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back