Dehumidifier to help out with damp house during winter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like many I suspect, winter means drying more clothes inside and I do notice we suffer a bit from damp if we need to let clothes dry inside and we can't open windows long enough.

I favour a bigger capacity rather than tiny one, a quiet one rather than a noisy one but I don't even know who are the good names in domestic dehumidifiers ?

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
I've had an Ebac for about 13 years and it's going strong, they seem to come with a 5 year guarantee.

Hi Talay
If I were you I would treat the source of the problem rather than the effects.
A tumble dryer vented outside dries your clothes and doesnt create damp in the home. A Core in the wall will cost £1-200 depending who you get to do it and the wall thickness/location but you dont have to buy a demudifier and your protecting the fabric of your building for a few hundred pounds.
A humidistat is also a good option for bathrooms and steamrooms and is only activated when its required, again best option is Core in the wall or roof vent possinility. Personally I would always go with the Core as a roof tile vent needs a roofer and a Core will do its job for life with no maintenance
Cheers
Pete

Sponsored Links
Like many I suspect, winter means drying more clothes inside and I do notice we suffer a bit from damp if we need to let clothes dry inside and we can't open windows long enough.

I favour a bigger capacity rather than tiny one, a quiet one rather than a noisy one but I don't even know who are the good names in domestic dehumidifiers ?

Any ideas ?
You should never dry clothes indoors unless you like poor health.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back