delay with ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter just moved to a house with Sime Halstead trio blr. The previous tenents arranged for a service engineer to correct ignition delay fault ,open tap or switch heating on ignition takes 4-5 minutes before lighting.Engineer reluctantly turned up today only to inform me that since the pressure gauge was faulty he was unable to diagnose the fault and informed me to purchase a replacement before further work can be carried out.
Please advise

Sponsored Links
He clearly WAS NOT an Engineer then!!
it is not for you to souce spare parts, that is the job of the Service engineer!! ask neighbours who they use and if they are happy with them try a "Proper" engineer

Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice regarding the so called engineer I did realise that it was a problem that he did not want to solve or was unable to.

If your Daughter is a Tennant she should contact the LANDLORD

The LANDLORD is LEGALLY responsible for the maintenance of ALL GAS APPLIANCES and he must also arrange a yearly SAFETY INSPECTION and issue you with a Certificate of Gas Safety - this should be a new Certificate when your Daughter moved in

Un-maintained gas appliances in Rented properrty can be VERY DANGEROUS if in doubt about your landlord taking his duty seriously contact GAS SAFE REGISTER and report him or her!! ;)

Sponsored Links
My daughter is buying the house I am looking for advice whats coursing the problem since I have been informed that the diaphragm has been renewed Sorry for not been clearer

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back