Deleted

Sponsored Links
You haven't really picked the best of times have you. It might be worth sitting tight where you are until the current situation becomes a little clearer. When that is I have no idea unfortunately.

I suppose no time is a good time with these kind of jumps, especially when I'm fighting against my age at the moment.

The Economic climate is rather volatile at the moment, very hard to read into as Analysts opinions from what I've read are clashing against each other, furthering the uncertainty !

especially when I'm fighting against my age at the moment.

23 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ad infinitum, I really don't think a year or two would make a huge amount of difference. Why not look around within the IT world, it is quite big these days.

Sponsored Links
Times are times, and anyone working hard - supplying quality and a good service always stays ahead of the game (in good and bad times).

Just ask around I would suggest. I'm sure there are plumbers in your area always on the look-out for eager beavers who want to learn from them.

Times are times, and anyone working hard - supplying quality and a good service always stays ahead of the game (in good and bad times).

Just ask around I would suggest. I'm sure there are plumbers in your area always on the look-out for eager beavers who want to learn from them.

Well, a truism for established companies, but it is not necessarily a good time to be looking to jump to a trade just when thousands of experienced staff are being laid off.

Well asking around certainly can't hurt, but you may find the market a bit slow at the moment.

especially when I'm fighting against my age at the moment.

23 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ad infinitum, I really don't think a year or two would make a huge amount of difference. Why not look around within the IT world, it is quite big these days.

The IT world is large and diverse, but it's something I can go back to if this moment in my life fails as I have a great portfolio of work and the required 2/3 years experience needed for most Media related jobs. It is also something I can do on the side to get me through the lower wage if it came to it.

The point is I want to try and get away from Computers as my Day to Day job, and apply myself to a new career in something I think I would enjoy.

I also know I'm blabbering on about the fact I'm 23 and think the world is over, but all I've read on various websites sites is that a lot of firms primarily seek 16/24 year old's (younger they are, cheaper the labour) - so that's where I'm getting that complex from. I'm sure a year won't do much in grand scheme of things.

The IT world is large and diverse, but it's something I can go back to if this moment in my life fails as I have a great portfolio of work and the required 2/3 years experience needed for most Media related jobs.

Now that I would be careful of, the IT world moves quickly, once out of the industry it can be very hard to get back in (although admittedly I know nothing about the media side of things)

I know of a great many people who, have either left the industry to try something else, or who have become "institutionalised" to a particular companies IT system, only to find at some point later their skills are of no use to the broader world.

my2p worth.

if you don't get on the bus what will you do, stand waiting for the next one, and the next one?

BUT no matter what trade you go for money will be not very good since you are not qualified and will be either on trainees pay or aprentice pay

you have to ask yourself. how many shots did he fire, was it five or was it six?

do you feel lucky punk, well do yah?

sorry got carried away. but could you really afford the drop in wages? and the consequential life style changes.

i am wondering would plumbing be a pipe dream"

or a waste (pipe) of time

still could always wait untill some one gives you a tap that its ok

my2p worth.

if you don't get on the bus what will you do, stand waiting for the next one, and the next one?

BUT no matter what trade you go for money will be not very good since you are not qualified and will be either on trainees pay or aprentice pay

you have to ask yourself. how many shots did he fire, was it five or was it six?

do you feel lucky punk, well do yah?

sorry got carried away. but could you really afford the drop in wages? and the consequential life style changes.

Well as I said above, I'd probably have to slug it out working part time at nights and weekends and perhaps work out a part time plan with my current employer which in reality would work. I don't know until I find out whats available to me. I'll possibly get a 1/3, 1/4 of what I earn now so I'd need to see if that was sustainable or not.

I wish you luck, but i am not sure anyone will want you as part time.

still, like i said, i wish you luck.

keep us posted

Sponsored Links
Back