Delongi AC925CHS Microwave - light failed how to replace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Thanks in advance for all help and advice.

My Delongi Microwave internal light has failed. I suspect it may have something to do with the missus leaving the door open all the time.
I think I have located a replacement bulb and holder (£7ish).

However when I open the door to try and find the panel to replace the light I can't remember where the light is situated and nothing seems to be obvious in terms of panels to unscrew.

Any ideas? I really don't like cooking food in the dark!

Cheers

Adam

Sponsored Links
Just had a look at the type of lamp that fits to this microwave and it is the type that you need to remove the outer cover to change (top and side panel)

The lamp is replaced from underneath the cover so you need to be careful with the wires and do not touch the HV circuit. Ensure the appliance is unplugged before doing anything.

Leccy758,

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated.

Looks like this will be a task for the weekend!

Can you give me an idea of what the HV circuit looks like and how long is power stored?
Would I be right in thinking the power stored is like the CRT displays/ TV as in unplug and leave for 5-6 days for the power to leech away?

Cheers

Adam

HV circuit is (depending on model) large Capcitor, HV Diodes, Large Transformer, HV Fuse, Magnetron (all of those except the magnatron could be mounted on one largish PCB)

The lamp is usually away from those parts but careless tools or fingers can accidently touch a part. The main one to keep away from is the capacitor as they can store a large charge for a long time depending on quality.

Sponsored Links
Again thanks for your help.
I haven't got around to changing the light yet, mainly me being lazy.
But when I do I will tell you how I got on.
Or not if I find the HV circuits with my screwdriver.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back