Dels Bathroom so far

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps - Only thought it polite to come and show the progress so far after your help a few weeks ago.

Always like to give it a go and learn by mistakes - presently I have got this far.

Bath, Toilet, sink, shower screen, cabinets and tiling all done by me - not the quickest job but I have to fit it in around shift work.

phpucnWb8AM.jpg

phpgPSTjCAM.jpg

Next is too replace this radiator with a chrome towel radiator with pipes in the wall.

General advice needed (idiot level) - obvious stuff to you may not bee to me. Or even a step by step guide

phpAX9KdgAM.jpg

Sponsored Links
supeRDerek said:
Hello chaps - Only thought it polite to come and show the progress so far after your help a few weeks ago.

Always like to give it a go and learn by mistakes - presently I have got this far.

Bath, Toilet, sink, shower screen, cabinets and tiling all done by me - not the quickest job but I have to fit it in around shift work.

Next is too replace this radiator with a chrome towel radiator with pipes in the wall.

General advice needed (idiot level) - obvious stuff to you may not bee to me. Or even a step by step guide

Just for arguments sake, how do you intend to open the shower screen with the cistern in the way, i take it that it is hinged? or does it clear it enough?

The shower screen hinges out over the toilet and touches the cistern when about 75% open - you can't have it all with the limited space.

I see you've put mirrored cabinets over the basin and WC.

Be warned that women will put heavy glass bottles and jars of unguents in these cabinets, and from time to time will drop them, they so they crack the basin beneath.

It is a good ruse to put a mirror above the basin, and the cabinet to one side, to prevent them doing this.

Once you know this trick, you will often spot a cracked basin, and know what caused it.

Sponsored Links
pointman said:
Moderator, i haven't posted any pictures thanks.

Correct - but by using the "quote" to reply you repeated my pictures which effectively doubled the space used.

Forums have a limited usable space that can be used - pictures use a lot of space.

I would delete mine after a few days

Can you access the rad pipes below floor? Is it a stud/plaster board or solid wall? Assume solid wall & easy access to under floor. Chase-out channels(to bury new pipework) up wall to desired position then chrome tubes & fittings out of wall to rad. Fill chasing & tile over, finish off with chrome pipe collars for decorative effect. Below floor cut off your small bore pipes as appropriate, hook-up new pipework. As the distances are small I'd do the whole new runs in chrome to avoid too many joints. Plasterboard wall - cut a couple of access holes in board run pipes (hope there's no studding in way. Ditto above. Repair access holes, tile over. Hang rad if possible into studwork.

Something to consider - surface-mount the chrome tubes on chrome pipe brackets (sometimes called Munsens or Hospital brackets) and if properly done looks classy & contemporary.

JohnD you forgot to mention that you'd have to keep on polishing the copper after the Autosol treatment. Maybe laquer? Go on I say to supeRDerek - chrome pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back