Democracy working

B

Bodd

Would we not agree democracy would work if the 3 main party's put their cards on the table to win a general election.

Tory.
Vote us in and we will try for a deal.... If not we leave with no deal...

Labour.
Vote us in and we will give you a people's vote....

Liberal.
Vote us in and we will reverse Brexit...

Surely democracy could not work better than that..

Sponsored Links
The problem with democracy is that the electorate often vote against their own interest.
For example: lowering taxes is nearly always a vote winner, but people moan about public services........

You make a good point as regards the 3 parties line on Brexit.
But the problem is that Tory and Labour Leave/remain voters doesnt split down party lines.
Hence why we are 3 years of arguments in parliament down the line.

A GE is not a one issue vote...

Thus as I have said before, it does not solve the brexit problem!

Sponsored Links
I think he will self destruct before long.

Surely this pleases everyone... This is democracy. You nail your vote on the party that will take this country the way you want to go.....

Yes. Horrible woman.

She was the first MP I saw who said after the referendum "I voted remain, but I will now campaign for leaving". Hypocrite.
Then recently she changed her mind back again when there was talk of Labour campaigning for staying.

Now this. She's as bad as Johnson.

We'll get the best deal we can then we will put it to a vote and campaign for remain?
I think that was the gist of it - bonkers.

I'd like to buy this BMW, I really must have the best price you can offer. what do you mean there aren't any discounts available? :D

I'd hope an experienced politician would understand leverage.

The problem you have with:
Blues Out
Yellows in
reds shake it about.

Is that Remainers will vote yellow and I don't think they can swing the numbers.
Leavers will vote blue unless they can't due to class rules etc.
those dreaming there is some magic option around the corner will vote red and they won't deliver a deal better than either blue or yellow.

But it could get rid of Boris.
So who else do you think could solve the problem of Brexit?

Because as far as I can see it has irrevocably split the UK!

I'd hope an experienced politician would understand leverage
If you mean the threat of no deal.......thats not a negotiating lever, it never was.

In most negotiations, walking away without a deal means returning to a place before negotiations started

Walking away to a place of no deal means losing frictionless trade to the EU and losing all worldwide trade agreements.
All no deal would do is force the UK back to negotiations with the EU, but with no power.

If the politicians can't decide then let the people decide in a General election.

Sponsored Links
Back