Dent in van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I recently reversed into a wheelie bin - gutted.

I can't afford to have it repaired by a professional at the moment and thought I might be able to push the worse of it out myself.

I assume I can get the back door internal plastic panel off easy enough and then hopefully push the dent out from the inside. There is a small crease that I'm sure I can't improve on, however;

- do you think it is possible for me to get the worse out?
- if so, what should I use to push the dent out, push it with a peice of wood or something?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
it looks easy repair to do.the trim may be screwed on if not work round trim edge carefully with screwdriver to release buttons that hold it on.get a piece of wood on inside of door directly on the small crease and push it out gently by hand it should pop it and leave just the little crease which you can fill and paint yourself or get it smart repaired by a mobile repairer good luck

The panel has stretched, so it will be difficult to get it out. If you push to hard on one spot it will come out leaving the rest behind.

To be honest it may be as well to leave it alone. But if you want to have a go, first try pushing with your hand. This will not do more damage, but be careful using anything else as it could make it worse (crack the paint).

Maybe you could get a cheap white door from the local breaker? If you swap your with him he will have all the bits from yours, locks etc to sell on.

Sponsored Links
Back