Dent repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have several car door scuffs / dents on my car, where other cars have opened their doors into mine.

One is quite large, 5cm long and has actually dented the door panel, as well as leaving significant scuffing (I imagine them having to pull their door out of this dent, they KNOW they did it).

There is another, about 3cm just over the wheel arch, on the part that is flared out. This is more paintwork damage. A couple more just paintwork, small scuffs.

What sort of garage will repair this? Will I need to take it to the dealers for a paint match?

And what sort of cost? How would the dent be repaired? It is close to the edge of the door panel.

In case you need info, Citroen C4 2006 in Wicked Red.

Sponsored Links
Doesn't need to go to the main dealers.
Find a recommended local paint shop to do it for you. Shop around for a few prices, and go for the one you feel comfortable in doing the work.
From what you have said you'll probably be looking around the £300 mark to do it properly, as they may have to spray alot of the side of the car to get the colour to blend in.
Obviously it's very hard to even give a guesswork price over the internet, but expect to pay that for a top end job!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jesus H Christ.

I'll pop some photos online when daylight returns.

Presumably you don't want to go down the insurance claim route? I think you'd be amazed at how effective the 'smart' body repairers are (paintless dent removal etc) so it could be worth giving them a try. All but the largest main dealers sub contract their body repairs out anyway, so a local bodyshop could be the way to go.....however, offer to pay cash ;) never fails. John :)

Sponsored Links
Out of interest, are there any aftermarket car alarms that would have detected this? Shock sensors? Are any compatible with the complex circuitry of the C4?

Out of interest, are there any aftermarket car alarms that would have detected this? Shock sensors? Are any compatible with the complex circuitry of the C4?

I'm sure you could get some sort of shrieking alarm mate, but the fact of the matter is that many people simply don't give a toss.....I try to park as far away from others as I can but you can depend, on returning to the vehicle, a knackered old Renault Espace or similar is parked alongside, with a load of kids using the bonnet as a banana slide :evil: John :)

steve,give someone like dent magician or chips away a ring,ive seen some of the work these guys do and its amazing and they come to you.and iirc there a lot cheaper then the dealers,infact dealers use them.

Photo0055.jpg

rear door, drivers side. Badly dented panel, and paint scuffs.

Photo0059.jpg

above rear wheel arch, drivers side. paint scuffs, only slight dent.

apologies for lack of quality - it was getting dark, and getting used to new camera phone.

Sponsored Links
Back